CARE: Customer Affordability of Residential Electricity
Minnesota Power is pleased to offer the CARE program, which provides income-qualified households the opportunity to receive a discount on monthly electric bills. The CARE program is administered by the Arrowhead Economic Opportunity Agency (AEOA) on behalf of Minnesota Power, through which CARE eligible households can lower their energy costs with a discounted rate, establish a budget payment plan, and get help paying overdue balances.
The CARE program goes into effect each year on October 1, and is limited to 5,000 customers at a time, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete your LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) application with your local energy assistance provider.
- Complete and submit the CARE program application.
- First-time applicants must also complete and submit the Your Home Energy Report survey on the application, within 12 months of enrollment and provide AEOA with verification of completion.
What You Will Pay:
This chart shows your estimated monthly billing ammounts and savings under the CARE program. (Effective Jan. 1, 2013)
* Estimated monthly billing amounts include all items on bills (e.g., fuel adjustment, cost recovery rider adjustments, etc.) except sales taxes and municipal franchise fees.
The forms may be completed online (link above), over the phone by calling AEOA at 218-749-2912 (ext. 277) or 800-662-5711 or in person at a local AEOA Agency Office.
AEOA Central Office
702 S. 3rd Ave.
Virginia, MN 55792
- Stay Warm Minnesota
- Energy Assistance Hotline (1-800-657-3710)
- First Call for Help at United Way (simply dial 211)