on DWHR units for homes with electric water heaters*
Available January 1–December 31, 2014
How to Get Your $400 Rebate on a Qualifying DWHR Installation
in a New or Existing Home with an Electric Water Heater:
- Purchase and have installed by a program-trained, manufacturer-certified plumber a qualifying DWHR unit (heat recovery efficiency of 42% or better and minimum of two wrapped coils on the fresh water side).
- You must have a new or existing electric water heater to qualify for the DWHR rebate.
- You must be a retail customer of a participating utility.
- The unit must be installed by a program-trained and manufacturer-certified plumber. He or she will work with you to ensure your unit meets the rebate requirements and supports your existing electric water heating system. The installer will submit the required paperwork for the $400 rebate.
- Please allow 8-10 weeks for receipt of rebate check.
- The rebate is available for qualifying installations through December 31, 2014.
Note: Water heating accounts for about 15–25% of residential energy costs. Yet, 90% of that heat goes right down the drain, costing you energy and money. Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) technology can reduce water heating costs by up to 40%, depending on the number of people in the home and the number of showers taken daily.
Stop losing 90% of the heat in your water down the drain!
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Contact a program-trained and manufacturer-certified plumber and tell him you want to participate in the DWHR rebate program.
- The plumber will determine if a DWHR unit is right for your home. If so, the plumber will provide information about cost and qualifying products for the rebate.
- After installation of the DWHR unit, the plumber will submit the necessary paperwork so you can receive the $400 rebate.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423.
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the plumber and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate is subject to contractor meeting performance standards.