on ENERGY STAR® Qualified Refrigerators
Available January 1–December 31, 2017
Benefits of ENERGY STAR® Qualified Refrigerators
In most homes, the refrigerator is the appliance that consumes the most energy. Replacing a refrigerator built in 1990 with an ENERGY STAR® qualified model would save enough energy to light an average household for more than 4–1/2 months and extend the useful life of the food. In addition, recycling your old refrigerator when purchasing a new ENERGY STAR® model can save you several hundred dollars over its life.
An ENERGY STAR® Qualified Model
- are 9% more efficient than standard models
- is better insulated and utilizes more efficient compressors
- is twice as efficient as a standard refrigerator made before 1993
How to Get Your $25 Rebate on an ENERGY STAR® Refrigerator
and Make Sure Your Old Refrigerator or Freezer is Properly Recycled
- Purchase a qualifying ENERGY STAR® refrigerator at a participating retailer.
Note: You must be a customer of a participating utility.
- Submit a completed rebate form available online or at a participating retailer with a copy of the sales receipt to the address on the rebate form. Expect your rebate check in 8–10 weeks.
- Minnesota Power customers (you must receive your bill from Minnesota Power): Request the pick up of your old refrigerator and get a $50 reward.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423 (option 1).