$100 ECM Fan Motor Replacement Rebate*
Minnesota Power offers a replacement rebate for replacing an existing standard fan motor (PSC) with a multi-speed Electronically Commutated Fan Motor (ECM) in a forced air furnace or air handler on heat pumps.
Available January 1–December 31, 2019
How to Get Your Rebate for Replacing a Standard PSC Fan Motor with a High Efficiency ECM Fan Motor in an Existing Forced Air Furnace or Heat Pump (Qualifying GSHP or Ducted ASHP)
- Contact a participating ECM Fan Motor replacement contractor. He or she will visit your home and check your forced air furnace or heat pump to determine if a replacement ECM Fan Motor is a good fit for your existing heating and cooling system. The contractor will then size the ECM Fan Motor to meet the system requirements.
- The contractor will properly install the qualifying replacement ECM Fan Motor and complete the essential paperwork for you to qualify for the rebate.
- Receive your rebate in 6–8 weeks and enjoy the energy savings and comfort benefits of a high-efficiency ECM Fan Motor.
- You must be a retail customer of a participating electric utility.
- Work with a participating contractor.
- Limit one ECM Fan Motor rebate per home. This offer does not apply to new or existing furnaces or heat pumps with ECM Fan Motors.
Talk with a participating contractor to determine if a replacement ECM Fan Motor is the "right" application for your existing furnace or heat pump and to determine the costs and payback versus standard PSC motor options. In most cases, a furnace less than 10 years old will benefit from a replacement ECM Fan Motor from an energy savings and comfort perspective. If you have a service contract on your heating system, we recommend consulting your service provider before making any changes.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423 (option 2).
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the contractor and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate subject to homeowners working with a participating contractor and to contractor meeting performance standards. The contractor will file the rebate for you.
Questions on Energy Conservation?