$50 Reward for Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling
Call 1-866-552-6755 now to schedule your pickup or place your order online!
Through December 31, 2019
We’ll pick up and recycle that old energy hog (electric refrigerator or freezer) out of your basement, garage or rec room and reward you with $50 for the first unit picked up and $35 for a second unit, if applicable.
Getting rid of that old refrigerator or freezer typically saves several hundred dollars over its useful lifetime. By recycling your old appliance you’ll also ensure that it doesn’t end up in a landfill or as an energy hog in another home. We also encourage you to dispose of your primary refrigerator or freezer when you purchase a new energy-efficient model.
Click here to see the requirements to participate.
How to qualify
- You must be a residential, retail customer of Minnesota Power (receive your electric bill from Minnesota Power).
- The electric refrigerator or freezer turned in must be 10–27 cu. ft. and in working condition (cooling).
- The electric refrigerator or freezer must be owned by the customer and picked up from the residential address listed on the billing account. Make sure someone is home who is at least 18 years old on the day of pickup.
- You can recycle a maximum of two qualifying appliances per year, per dwelling.
- No purchase necessary to participate in this offer.
How to place your order and collect your reward
- Call 1-866-552-6755 to schedule a refrigerator or freezer pickup or place your order online. The customer service representative will determine your qualification for the program and schedule a pickup time for your electric refrigerator or freezer. You must be a customer of Minnesota Power. Please make sure the unit is plugged in and working (cooling) at time of pickup. The contractor will not pick up non-working units.
- A licensed and insured Minnesota Power (MP) contractor will come to your home to round up the unit(s). They will be wearing identification badges designating them as MP contractors. Before taking the appliance out of the house, they will disable it (cut the cord) to ensure it can't be used again. The contractor is responsible for any damage incurred in taking the appliance out of your home.
- Within six weeks of the pickup, you can expect a reward check for $50 for the first unit and $35 for the second unit, if applicable.
Benefits to recycling your old, working electric refrigerator or freezer
- Save energy (typically several hundred dollars over its lifetime) and help protect the environment.
- $50 reward for the first unit and $35 for the second one.
- Ensure your appliance is properly recycled to meet EPA's Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program requirements.
Questions on Energy Conservation?