Rebates & Incentives
The prescriptive and performance incentives are available for electric heat homes based on Minnesota Power's ability to claim electric energy savings as a result of energy improvements. Minnesota Power's Conservation Improvement Programs (CIP) rebate incentives are relative to the amount of electric energy savings. The associated value of the plan review, site inspections and final home analysis is estimated to be between $600 and $1,900.
|Prescriptive Standards||Rebate Incentive Amount|
|Electric Heat||Gas Heat|
|Plan Review Completion||$100||N/A|
|First On-site Inspection||$100||N/A|
|Second On-site Inspection||$100||N/A|
|Performance Standards||Rebate Incentive Amount|
|Air Tightness Standard||Electric Heat||Gas Heat|
|< .25 cfm/ft2 at 50 pascals||$0||N/A|
|< .20 cfm/ft2 at 50 pascals||$500||N/A|
|< .10 cfm/ft2 at 50 pascals||$800||N/A|
- ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates: $25 on a refrigerator, $20 on a freezer, $10 on an ENERGY STAR® dehumidifier and $50 rebate an Heat Pump water heater with 2.5 Energy Factor or greater (50 gallon maximum)
- ENERGY STAR® qualified LED Fixtures: $10 rebate per indoor fixture and $15 per outdoor fixture
- Central Air Conditioning: $50 rebate for the proper installation of a central air conditioning system (SEER rating must be > 14.5)
- Drain Water Heat Recovery (DWHR) rebate for homes with electric hot water heaters
- Air Source Heat Pumps (ASHP) Rebates
- Building Orientation: $200 rebate for south facing glass area. Must have a minimum of 40 percent of glass area within 30 degrees south facing for optimum solar gain. Glass doors included in total area.
- Drain Water Heat Recovery Unit: $400 rebate on qualifying products installed in homes with electric water heaters.
- Ground Source Heat Pump: $200 per ton rebate on closed loop systems and $100 per ton rebate on open loop systems. The heat pump must be ENERGY STAR® rated as listed.
- Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP): Rebates for both Standard Split, Furnace Integrated ($300) (must be ENERGY STAR® qualified) and Mini-Split Ductless Units ($500) systems.
- Window Upgrade: $300 rebate on windows with a total unit U-value of .28 or less.
- $50 rebate for label to verify air-to-air heat exchanger balancing.
- Solar Incentives
Questions on Energy Conservation?