Cold Climate ASHP Ducted System Rebate
on Furnace Integrated ENERGY STAR® Cold Climate ASHPs*
What is a Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pump (ccASHP)?
A new generation of ASHPs has been hitting the market in recent years that benefit those in colder climates such as the Midwest. The technology has improved drastically over the years, allowing these systems to provide heat at higher efficiencies in even lower outdoor temperatures. This advancement in technology is making the use of these ccASHP’s even more attractive to people living in areas where winters are especially cold. The heating capabilities of these systems allow for heating not only in the shoulder months, but well into the winter months as well. Not only are heat pumps great alternatives to the classic cooling (and dehumidification) systems, but with the technological advancements of the ccASHPs, they are a great alternative to conventional heating methods as well.
Minnesota Power offers a $1000 rebate on ENERGY STAR® qualified, furnace integrated Cold Climate Air Source Heat Pumps (ccASHP).
Available January 1–December 31, 2018
How to Get Your $1000 Rebate on an ENERGY STAR® Qualified, Furnace Integrated ASHP
- Purchase and have installed a new ENERGY STAR® qualified, furnace integrated ccASHP by December 31, 2018. A program participating contractor will provide proper installation services.
You must use one of these program participating contractors to qualify for the $1000 rebate. Contractors will complete the paperwork necessary for the rebate.
Note: Minnesota Power also offers rebates on Electronically Commutated Motors (ECMs), so if a replacement motor was included in the install of the ccASHP or if a new furnace with an integrated ECM was installed, these can be rebated as well.
- The ccASHP must be an ENERGY STAR® qualified, furnace integrated unit.
- Unit must have the following specifications:
- COP >= 1.75 at 5°F
- HSPF >= 10
- SEER >= 18
- You must be a retail customer of a participating utility.
- The system must be installed by a program participating contractor.
Please allow 8–10 weeks for receipt of rebate check.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423 (option 2).
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the contractor and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate subject to homeowners working with a participating contractor and to contractor meeting performance standards. The contractor will file the rebate for you.
Questions on Energy Conservation?