on New Mini-Split Ductless ASHPs for Homes with Electricity as the Primary Heating Source*
Minnesota Power offers a rebate on Ductless (mini-split) Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) systems for homes that do not have ducts and have electricity as the primary heating source.
Available January 1–December 31, 2020
How to Get Your Rebate on a Qualifying Ductless ASHP
- Have a program participating contractor install a new qualifying system (SEER 15—measure of cooling efficiency and HSPF 8.5—measure of heating efficiency) in your home before December 31, 2019.
- The contractor will work with you to ensure your system meets the rebate requirements and supports your existing ductless heating distribution system. The contractor will also submit the required paperwork for the rebate.
- Only applies to new installations. This includes mini-split ductless heat pumps with electric baseboard/radiant heating, slab heating or electric boiler as the primary heating system.
- You must be a retail customer of a participating utility.
- The system must be installed by a program participating contractor.
Please allow 8–10 weeks for receipt of rebate check. Limit one rebate per home. Some restrictions may apply.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423 (option 2).
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the contractor and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate subject to homeowners working with a participating contractor and to contractor meeting performance standards. The contractor will file the rebate for you.
Questions on Energy Conservation?