Energy Calculators & Tools
- Conduct a virtual audit of your home with our residential energy advisor. It takes just a few minutes to profile your home and get savings recommendations.
- Are you interested in knowing how much heating and cooling account for your energy use?
- Are you interested in estimating the annual cost of your water heating energy use?
Home Energy Analysis
A home energy analysis is a great way to learn about your home and how it uses energy. One of our trusted energy advisors will visit you and do a walk-through of your home and offer up energy savings suggestions and provide you with some free energy-saving products.
ENERGY STAR® Appliances
- Air Source Heat Pumps
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Electronically Commutated Motors (ECM)
Ways to Save
No Cost Ways to SaveJoin the Energy Team!
Turn it OFF
- If you are not in the room using it, turn it off
- Unplug small appliances when not in use
- Recycle a second refrigerator and/or freezer and receive a monetary reward
- Line dry clothes instead of using a clothes dryer
- Close fireplace dampers when not in use
- Thermostats (Winter: 68° when home, 55° at night; Summer: 78°)
- Water heaters (turn down to 120°)
- Refrigerators (set temp to 36°-38°)
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Order a FREE Water Savings Kit
- Clean coils on refrigerators, air conditioners and dehumidifiers
- Don’t block heating/cooling vents with furniture or curtains
- Open curtains in winter to let sun naturally warm your home and close curtains at night to keep the heat in. Reverse this process in the summer
Low-Cost Ways to Save
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Add smart power strips/timers for TVs and gaming systems
- Replace light bulbs with LEDs
- Use ceiling fans in the summer to cool the room you are using instead of turning the air conditioner temperature down
- Replace furnace filters monthly
- Seal air leaks in windows and doors
- Wrap water heaters and insulate water pipes
- Choose LED holiday lights
- Choose ENERGY STAR® appliances
- Replace inefficient windows and add insulation
- Build an energy-efficient home with our New Construction Energy Efficiency Program
- Consider Air Source Heat pump technology when making upgrades to your heating and cooling systems
- Join the movement! Consider an electric vehicle!